We were visited by Ofsted in November 2018 and they concluded that our school continues to be good.
Our most recent Ofsted inspection letter can be found here.
We are also immensely proud of the many strengths that have been identified as a result of the inspection and the incredibly positive comments about our school included in the letter. Here are some of the highlights.
- The strong culture in the school was noted where there is a sense of pride, with all staff sharing the vision and purpose of making the school the best it can be. Guildford Grove has a culture which is fully inclusive where all pupils are warmly welcomed regardless of their background.
- Strong and passionate leaders who have a clear understanding of the school’s strengths and where further improvements may be made. Leaders support the development of future leaders so that we are able to improve the school further.
- The leadership team are outward looking and have established effective working relationships with the Guildford Education Partnership (GEP).
- Pupils love their school and this is reflected in their positive attitudes and the exemplary behaviour seen around the school. They feel safe and valued and get on very well together.
Teaching and Learning
- Teaching is consistently lively, engagingand effective across the school allowing pupils to progress well in all subjects.
Outcomes for pupils
- We were praised for increasing the proportion of children achieving the higher standardat the end of Year 6 as well as supporting the progress of both our SEND and disadvantaged pupils who showed rapid gains in their learningand who are on course to meet their challenging targets.
The report also mentions that parents are highly positive about our school.