Funding for schools was calculated by the number of primary aged pupils (between the ages of 5 and 11) at the annual census in January. All schools with 17 or more primary aged pupils received a lump sum of £8,000 plus a premium of £5 per pupil. Schools will be held to account on how they spend the Sports Funding.
The funding has been provided by the government for the year 2017 - 2018 to help primary schools to make lasting improvements to PE and School sport.
There are 5 areas which have been highlighted as being key to these sustainable changes:
1. The engagement of all pupils in regular physical activity - kick-starting healthy active lifestyles.
2. The profile of PE and sport being raised across the school as a tool for whole school improvement.
3. Increased confidence, knowledge and skills of all staff in teaching PE and sport
4. Broader experience of a range of sports and activities offered to all pupils.
5. Increased participation in competitive sport.
At Guildford Grove Primary School, we have put together a plan of how we think we can best spend the money to support the needs of each school in making long term positive change.